per patient, per day
Cost contributed by Caroline Hospice Foundation toward patient care in Caroline County.
patients receiving care
Number of patients receiving hospice care in Caroline County in a typical month. There is no limit on the number of patients served.
spent last year
Amount Caroline Hospice Foundation spent on hospice care for Caroline County patients in 2016.
projected for this year
Amount Caroline Hospice Foundation is projected to spend on hospice care in 2017.
Leave a legacy
Planned gifts are a great way to make a larger charitable contribution than you could normally make from your ordinary income. As the name implies, these are major gifts that are part of your estate and/or financial planning.
When you choose to make a planned gift to Caroline Hospice Foundation, you are leaving a legacy that supports local families during a time of great need for care and comfort.
Choose what’s right for you
There are many types of planned gifts you can make to Caroline Hospice Foundation. Select the gift that fits you and your family. The following are a few examples:
- Securities / stocks– When you donate securities, you receive a tax deduction equal to their fair market value. You also pay no capital gains tax on the transfer.
- Personal property – You can donate items like artwork, jewelry, and other valuables. You will receive a tax deduction equal to its appraised market value and will owe no capital gains tax on its transfer to Caroline Hospice Foundation.
- Bequest in your will – You can bequest a specific amount of money or piece of property to Caroline Hospice Foundation in your will. Or you can designate that we should receive a certain percentage of the remaining assets after estate taxes, expenses, and specific bequeaths.
- Life insurance –You can donate paid-up policies that your family no longer needs. You can also designate Caroline Hospice Foundation as the beneficiary to be paid after your death.
- Retirement plan assets – Retirement plan assets are usually the most heavily taxed part of an estate. By donating these assets to Caroline Hospice Foundation, you can avoid both income and estate taxes. You can then use less heavily taxed assets to benefit your heirs.
Give us a call to discuss your planned giving options in greater detail. We can walk you through the process of making planned gifts to Caroline Hospice Foundation in a way that benefits both parties. You can reach us at 410.479.3500.
You may also want to discuss your options with your estate attorney and/or financial advisor. We would be happy to coordinate your planned giving with your advisors.